Sunday, March 11, 2012

Looking back on a Busy Week for Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts

Bladder cancer and my book has received a lot of attention this week.  I hope that it leads the readers to American Bladder Cancer website so they will become more informed because catching this cancer early is very important.  They can find this information on the website at the bladder cancer information portal page at: http://bladdercancersupport.org/  .

This morning I receive an email from Morgen Bailey to let me know that she had posted her interview, Author Spotlight no.66 – Sylvia Ramsey, on her blog Morgen Bailey's Writing Blog at: http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/author-spotlight-no-66-sylvia-ramsay .

This has been a busy week for the book as well, and I am amazed when I look back on all the things that have happened.  On March 8th, there was the interview posted online on Raychelle Writes blog, The Writer's Block Interviews at http://raychelle-writes.blogspot.com/2012/03/writers-block-interviews-sylvia-l.html.

The announcement that was posted on SEMO Times, a print and online newspaper that is in my hometown. "Poplar Bluff author’s memoir to benefit American Bladder Cancer Society" http://semotimes.com/7813.

Then later in the week there was the message I received from a lady who purchased the book. This is what she wrote: 

"Your new book arrived while we were in FL, and I read the whole book yesterday. It was wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing your story You have been such a gift from God in my life. Thank you. I'm looking forward to your signing at the Elks."   

I also received a phone call was from a report, Sarabeth Waller, who works for the Daily American Republic newspaper. She did an interview over the phone for a newspaper article. Once we began talking, I discovered that she lived where I once taught high school at East Carter County High School. She had moved there a few years after I had moved to Georgia and began teaching at the college level. Thank you Sarabeth for the interview. 

Later in the day, I was in contact with Susan Robinson who is setting up an article on the book for the March/April issue of the Focus on Women Magazine. That was exciting, at least to me, and it is and honor to have this article written.  

Who knows what this coming week will bring.  Stay in the loop to find out.   

BTW, if you would like to purchase the book, or like my Amazon page, the link is:

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvia-L-Ramsey/e/B002BMJ5NI/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1326569308&sr=1-1 .  All the proceeds earned from the sales of my books are given to the American Bladder Cancer Society. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!