Friday, February 3, 2012

Navigating a Few Pebbles in the Road, but Getting Some Sunshine Rays along the Way

Interesting things keep popping up as I travel this journey.  I was contacted by a very nice young woman who found my poem, "A Tired Vagabond", and asked if she could share it on her blog.  I was very flattered that she had found it and liked it enough to wish to share it with others.  Christy ask if she could put the poem on her blog, Poetic Parfait.  I felt very honored that she had found my poem which is also in this book as well as in the Pulse Points of a Woman's World book.  Christy is in British Columbia and has quite a following. 

I have had more invitations to interview on blogs.  It is nice to know that fellow authors reach out to help each other.  Sometimes one can get so caught up in their personal goals that they fail to reach out to their fellowman. 
 Sometime ago, I wrote a blog series on bladder cancer and women.  Today, I wrote to  thank the managing editor of Healthy Women, Marcia Mangum Cronin, to thank her for allowing me to blog about bladder cancer and women.  It was that blog series that re-kindled the urge to write the book, Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts.  I heard back from her and could not believe that she was gracious enough to write a follow-up on my story and how it has led to writing of this book.  I will keep you posted on when the article is online.

BTW, I am enlisting my husband Tom to be my secretary to help me with all the emails coming in on the book.  :)  I am overwhelmed by all the responses.  It is wonderful, maybe my dream to create awareness of bladder cancer and inspire others will all come true.

There are more updates on the way.  Stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful to see that the wheels are turning and you are picking up momentum! You know I am with you all the way! Congrats! Kudos to secretary Tom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sylvia for the mention of my blog Poetic Parfait. I am happy to have connected with you and have a forum to post your work. I wish you all the best, and glad to see your fan-base growing!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sylvia, for your kind words. I was very happy to hear from you and get news of your book. As soon as you get a date for publication of your book, let me know and we'll post our blog about you and the new book! You were so generous with your time and wisdom to help HealthyWomen.org readers learn more about bladder cancer. Best to you in your continuing efforts to help others!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!