Saturday, January 28, 2012

Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts has a Book Trailer, Watch it Here!

There is a story behind this book trailer, and I think it needs to be shared.  It is not about me but about another angel who has appeared in my life.  I talk about angels, I am referring to those people who show up in your life and are there to help you along life's highway.  You can call it fate, or whatever you wish, but I have been fortunate enough to have had many who came out of nowhere to be there for me.  To these people, I will forever be grateful.  Julie Weishaar is one of the people.  I did not want to try to produce my own book trailer for this book. I have no idea why I contacted Julie, but I did.  We discussed the project, and I decided to let her create it. 

Once that decision was made, I felt she should read at least part of the manuscript.  I sent her the document version without the pictures, a few hours later, I received and email from her. This is what it said, " Sylvia – I just read your book! The only word I can think of to say is WOW!"  I was absolutely blown away by her comment, what a compliment to get on something you wrote. 

I will never be able to tell her what a blessing she is to me, and will be to so many others.  I will have to let you read her story on how we met, and why she has created this fantastic video and more.  That is what you will read below:



Julie's story:

"It isn't often in life that we are presented with an opportunity to do something and not only get paid for it, but also be able to get incredible satisfaction and more fulfillment than we ever thought possible. I was fortunate enough to have been given this opportunity just a few days ago. 

A few days ago I received an invitation to connect with a woman named Sylvia Ramsey on LinkedIn who indicated that we worked together at The American Bladder Cancer Society. Now, I know that my memory is not as good as it used to be but I knew I would remember if I had worked there and I didn't :) The email right below that one was the explanation.

 (I really shouldn't read my emails from the top down anymore LOL).

Sylvia wrote a book called "Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts" and was looking for someone to create the video trailer for it. Aha, so now it made sense. I reached out to her and she hired me. This is rather interesting in that my LinkedIn profile does not indicate that I actually do create videos for inspiration and other more personal messaging. Instead it focuses on business videos, however, that did not stop Sylvia from contacting me.

 We both find this interesting and she said she really doesn't know why but she felt compelled to reach out to me. 

Lesson number one here is use LinkeIn. It is a great professional resource/networking site!

I was able to get a sneak preview of her book and read it in total amazement of how a woman, having gone through tragedy and hardship one after the other, over and over again, could not only be as uplifting and positive as she is, but also has dedicated her life to helping others with bladder cancer. I have met a woman who has truly inspired me and feel honored to have been able to create her book video trailer. 

AND, she liked the video so much, she will be sharing my services with her HUGE network of authors who have already talked about needing a video book trailer. How's that for Karma? :)

Below is her video in - that's right - you guessed it - a video email! I encourage you to keep a look out for when the book is published. I will be announcing it as I have donated my time and resources to helping Sylvia get her book and message out to those who REALLY need the support offered by The American Bladder Cancer Society! 

Now, here is the video book trailer that Julie created for Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts:

7 comments:

  1. I have chills running up my spine Sylvia. Thank you so much for the wonderful words! I really feel that together you and I will be able to get this important message out! After all, we don't know why you contacted me, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained much more than a book trailer by connecting with you, I gained a friend. I will never be able to thank you enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Peggy for the comment. The book should be out in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried again today and it worked. Check out my blog and maybe you can become a follower of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sylvia,

    I suspect we have a lot in common. I'm a recent breast cancer survivor. I've just published my debut novel, Jeremiah's Hunger, a 19th century historical novel. I'm working on a memoir of my years in the convent. My email is: elizabethosta@gmail.com Loved your book trailer, what a great idea. would love to chat. I'm guessing the book is out. How do I get a copy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth,

    A diagnosis of cancer can be a scary experience. I think anyone who has lived through that shares quite a lot. Thank you for the lovely comment on the book trailer. I think my friend Julie did a fantastic job creating the book trailer. I like is too. My book is on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Each one of my pages has a small picture of the book on the left side. If you click on the book cover, it should take you directly to Amazon where the book is located.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!