Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Rock in the Road Conquered


To strive with difficulties, and to conquer them, is the highest human felicity. ~ Samuel Johnson

Some of my Art: Survival
           Yesterday, I worked all day on the final draft of the book.  Early this morning, I uploaded it to the publisher.  However, it wasn't that simple.  For about an hour, I was in a panic because I could not find the file.  I am still trying to get used to the new operating system on my computer, and the updated software.  Finally, I did a search and discovered that I had somehow saved the file in one of my backup storage devices.  I was so relieved. 

            When I uploaded the file, I felt just like a mother with a new baby.  I was not sure I wanted to share.  As anyone know who has written a book, there is so much work put into it, and a lot of yourself as well.  Now, I will begin the other tasks that go along with having a book published.  The work is not over, but it has just begun.  I will be working on a publicity packet, a book trailer, all the other things that go with this adventure.  Hopefully, I will be able to get some reviews, press releases, interview and some chances for interview on other people's blogs.

            My main goal is that it will be of value to others, and inspire them to never give up even when the road gets really rough.  Will it sell, who knows?  I can only hope it does so I can transfer all the proceeds earned from the sales can be given to the American Bladder Cancer Society. 

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." ~ Anonymous

You can learn more about me and my quest on the following websites:

Websites



Amazon Author's Page


My other blog, Thoughtful Reflections features interview of others in the field of publishing and its link is:  http://tinyurl.com/4e52loe

2 comments:

  1. Julie,
    Thank yo for the email. I am so thankful that you suport me in my quest to help others.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day started at 3 a.m. and as you can see, I am a tired person. I just hope all is well in your world!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!