Sunday, January 22, 2012

Traveling the Road of Getting a Book in Print, and Awaiting its Birth

The Beginning
It has been a busy week.  I have had consultations with the person who is writing the press release, the cover designer and the interior designer.  Right now, I am interacting with a book trailer designer.  Cover designs may be ready for me to look at by the end of the week.  There is so much to do at this point.  Doing this, working my full-time day job and keeping my other blog rolling leaves little time for play at the moment.  However, I am not complaining, what I am feeling is much the same as the excitement of awaiting a newborn child. 

Birthing
The story has been written, edited, proofed, and now it is in the hands of others to complete its birthing process.  Even then, the verdict will be out on its success and survival.  I keep reminding myself of what Harriet Du Autermont said, "No vision and you perish; No ideal, and you're lost; your heart must ever cherish some faith at any cost. some hope, some dream to cling to, some rainbow in the sky, some melody to sing to, some service that is high."  
 Birth out of Chaos
I have held onto my vision, faith, hopes and dreams all my life.  However, when my road detoured through the battle with bladder cancer, I realized just how strong it was, and how important it was to do something for others who must traverse the same rocky road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment, so I can get feedback!